Saturday 17 March 2012

Dilemma No.1

4 October 2011

Well this morning I finally faced that age old dilemma.  Alarm went off at 6am and I threw back the duvet and jumped enthusiastically out of bed to be met by a wall of cold air.  Now as any of you following my status will know I am presently going through a period of nakedness due to my newly emptied house so I stoically made my way to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee to warm me up.  By the time I did this I realised I had nipples like Jordan on heat and my gonads had retreated to warmer climes.  My eyes fell upon the heating controls and thus my dilemma began.  A debate then ensued between two little men on my shoulders:

  • “Turn it on why shouldn’t you be warm”
  • “Think about the oil burning away and how much it costs”
  • “But just imagine the heat on your skin and that lovely glow”
  • “Think about the oil burning away and how much it costs”
  • “But remember how hard you work you deserve to be warm”
  • “Think about the oil burning away and how much it costs”
  • “Just push the button. Go on push it you know you want to”
  • “Think about the oil burning away and how much it costs and anyway by the time it heats up you‘ll be gone”
  • “Then push it for Al so she’ll be warm when she gets up”
  • “Think about the oil burning away and how much it costs and anyway she has an extra layer of fat so she doesn't need it” (N.B. the little man on my shoulder said that not me)
Decision made. I didn’t push it....

No comments:

Post a Comment