Thursday 22 March 2012

Sheep’s Eyeball and Donkey's Bollock Cake


9 October 2011

Forgot to mention that the other day I did the "Fiendish" and the "Super Fiendish" suduko in the times............How f***ing smart am I?!  Answers on a post card :-)

Because of my ill-fitting suit dilemma I decided, despite the consensus that I should go naked or wear a dress, to try and lose a bit of weight.

My diet for the week has been a small bowl of cornflakes and a banana for brekkie, celery as a snack, chicken and beans for lunch and a small dinner.  All is good.

Yesterday, at work, a Filipino family who are tenants arrived en mass at the office, that’s 6 in total. Their English is not good but they got it across they were celebrating their youngest child's birthday and produced a piece of birthday cake for me.  It was however not so much of a piece as half a birthday cake and they took great pleasure in handing this over especially the children. 

I thanked them profusely and did a sort of nodding bow and a little praying symbol and anything else I thought might be Fillipinoish and they did lots of nodding and giggling but very little going away.  I continued to say thanks and they continued to stand there and it soon became obvious they were waiting to see me eat the bloody thing.

I was a little dubious as for all I knew it was a sheep’s eyeball and donkey's bollock cake but I was on the spot so had to try it.  Well, as Ross would say, it was like licking the face of God.  It was absolutely de-flipping-licious and to their delight I ate the whole blooming lot.

Great for cross community bonding but crap for my waist line.  
To add insult to injury I am now just back from a big fry at the “Pit Stop” with Mama and Papa (they made me do it honest).  Could end up in a dress yet........................

No comments:

Post a Comment