Saturday 31 March 2012

The Non-Stop Talking Machine


20 October 2011

Got up this morning and went through the usual routine and left in a timely fashion for work.  Walked down to the bus stop (yes I’m still a BW. You have to come off slowly) and arrived in good time for the bus.

Went to sit down in the shelter only to discover some little shit had nicked the seat.  Its bolted to the shelter and the ground and someone had gone to all that bother for something that won’t stay up without the bus shelter to support it.

Anyway I was shaking my head at the stupidity of some people when my day took an even bigger turn for the worse and a guy standing beside me spoke to me.  Now as most of you should by now know communication between BWs is not the done thing and whilst a mumbled “Little f***kers” or “I’d string em up” would be acceptable, this guy was asking me a question.  This constituted a conversation.  Its 7am for God's sake I don’t want to talk to anyone, least of all a BW.

He had to be a newbie and the only consolation was there was only the two of us at the stop.  I looked at him and nodded and before I had decided whether to answer him or not he had moved on to another topic and it quickly became apparent he was one of these folk who just like to talk and once started they are very hard to stop.  He started talking about the ‘Dale Farm’ evictions and as I have no real interest in politics nor would I consider myself racist or bias against any group I really don’t care what happens to the smelly gypo bastards so I just ignored him.

As I am sure you all know ignoring this sort of person has no effect what so ever as the only way to turn them off is to get away from them so I was glad to see the bus arrive.  I quickly boarded and plonked myself down in my usual back seat.  Chatterbox was indeed paying in cash which supported my newbie theory and was receiving the full grumpy routine from the driver (Supplier).  I settled down to read my Kindle when all of a sudden the son of a bitch sat down beside me and took up the one way conversation exactly where he had left off. 

Sitting beside another passenger when double seats are free is one of the most serious rule breaks there are and if it does happen it is assumed that the two people sitting together are related or at least friends.  I was, therefore, now directly associated with this non-stop talking machine by my fellow BWs.  My humiliation was complete. 

Believe it or not he talked the entire way into Belfast and I am pretty sure I never said a single word…………..  He stayed all the way to the last stop and alighted from the bus just in front of me and then turned to walk in the same direction I do.  By this stage I could take no more so walked in the wrong direction for 50yds to give him a head start.

Please God don’t let this day get any worse……………

No comments:

Post a Comment