Thursday 10 May 2012

Somewhere out There is the Right Biscuit for Me


21 January 2012

Tooth is all better after 2 sleepless nights and a bucket full of antibiotics yyyaaayyy!!!

My period of pain has, however, served a purpose and I have had time to reassess my life and my priorities.  I have realised that my recent pursuit of love and happiness with a ‘Tunnocks Teacake' has been a mistake. 

I have finally concluded that my love for that soft sweet chocolate coating was shallow and sad and it’s what’s on the inside that counts. In this case that’s a delicate smooth white marshmallow which, whilst attractive, lacks substance and depth. I know now they are not the ones for me and I have been wasting my time in a fruitless attempt to build a solid relationship with a chocolate biscuit that is incapable of answering my needs.

Life is short and I feel I am worth more than that and so myself and the dogs ate the remaining 16 teacakes in a ‘Teacake fest’ to remove any further temptation. 

I think I should now spend a little time on my own and review where to go from here. What I need is a biscuit that can fill the gap in my stomach. One that will be there when I need it but not be on my mind all the time, demanding my attention. One that has substance and size but not thousands of calories and can satisfy my needs without leaving me crying out for more.

I know somewhere out there is the right biscuit for me and I will not stop until I find it……….

No comments:

Post a Comment