Thursday 19 April 2012

Definitely Getting Too Old for This


6 December 2011

Rough weekend.  Definitely getting too old for this.

Went out to my work do on Friday night and all was well.  Was feeling a bit tipsy and had gone outside chatting to someone who was having a smoke.  While outside had got the whiff of someone else’s burger at which point nothing would do but I had to have one.

Nearest burger bar was in Donegal Place, about half a mile away, so I strode off purposefully in that direction.  Every step I took, however, I seemed to get twice as drunk and by the time I was 20yds down the road I was paralytic and quite honestly in another world. 

I did eventually make it to the burger bar although how I didn’t get run over I don’t know.  I recall falling flat on my face at the front of the City Hall and having to be lifted back up by some passing do-gooders who got a “Shanks vury mush.  I twipped shover the kub” for their efforts.

I remember ordering the food and the girl staring at me like I had two heads maybe because I was staring at her as she DID have two heads.  Anyhow, eventually made it to a taxi and commenced the worst journey of my life with one half of me screaming "get out before you chuck up!" and the other half saying "stay put if you get out you die!".  It was shit.

I can quite honestly say I don’t ever recall being so drunk and as someone who is not new to the intake of alcohol I am not quite sure where it all went wrong.  I do however have my suspicions.

I reckon somewhere amongst those nubile young office workers I have a secret admirer who knowing my devotion to my good lady slipped me a quick tab to knock me out so she could have her wicked way.  Stupid bitch all she had to do was ask...duh!!!!

Anyhow, I knew it wasn't my fault, phew………..

No comments:

Post a Comment