Wednesday 18 April 2012

Jack Bower Orders a Pizza


30 November 2011

Well we finally got to the end of “24” and having watched 24hrs of it (minus 24 x 20mins for ads) I feel I am in a good position to provide an intellectual critique.

Total shite!!!!

To be in this series you needed to be able to say “Copy that”, “It’s a go”, “I’m 10 mins out” and oh yes “Where is Jack?”.  You also need to be able to move your eyes from left to right a lot.

Jack by the way is the hero and kills, tortures and ignores all orders with impunity.  He is never wrong and seems to be able to get anywhere in the country in no more than 10mins.

What I would say though is never ever tell Jack a secret because he’ll tell anyone he looks sideways at.

If he ordered a Pizza this is how the call would go

Pizza person: “Hello Pizza hut. How can I help?” 

Jack: [Moving his eyes from left to right] “Hi its Jack Bower here CTU I need a Pizza.”

Pizza person: “What sort of Pizza would you like sir”

Jack: “A quick one.  I’m presently in pursuit of a top terrorist Moustafa Sheit, who has kidnapped the President, blown up the Empire State Building and is threatening to announce on Childrens TV that there is no Santa so I don’t have much time”

Pizza person: “I understand sir but do you want pepperoni on that”

Jack: “Copy that although I would be obliged if you could hold the mushrooms”. [Moving his eyes from left to right again] “I’m just on my way to a secret location at 123 Upper Street to meet an undercover informant called T.  So I’ll collect after that” 

Pizza person: “That would be fine sir that will be $4 in total”

Jack: “It’s a go.” [Moving his eyes really fast from left to right]. ”If you ring CTU they will cover the bill and while you’re on could you tell them that Moustafa is about to execute the President and set off our nuclear arsenal aimed at Russia and China causing a global catastrophe and a nuclear winter which will last 100yrs and wipe out 99% of mankind.  They have 10 mins to find him and neutralize him and I have so far discovered he is somewhere in the continental USA, or maybe Canada, or very possibly Europe”

Pizza person: “Sorry sir we are not allowed to make private calls”

Jack: “Copy that.  I’m 10 mins out”

So be warned.  It’s like a drug you know you shouldn’t do it but once you start you can’t stop.  Save yourself it’s too late for us we have 2 more box series to watch …………….

No comments:

Post a Comment