Friday 6 April 2012

Hunter Gatherer


5 November 2011

Lonely night last night as Al was away in London collecting what she likes to call her ‘Doctorate’ for the HR course she has been doing.  Think she packed a Mortarboard and cape and even had an acceptance speech but turns out it’s just a certificate and they send it in the post.......... She's looking to take a gap year now to ‘travel’.  Yeah right like that’ll be happening.

Anyhow while I’m at home dog sitting she was heading out on a shopping spree and then hitting the town with her mate Gemma who I suspect may be a bad influence as she’s been on Jeremy Kyle at least twice and failed the lie detector both times. 

I hate it when she’s away. 

I have to look after myself and being a man of course my strengths lie in hunting and gathering not cooking and cleaning.  Not that cooking is hard.  I’ve had bacon beans and toast for brunch, chicken beans and toast for tea and am planning scrambled eggs beans and toast for breakfast so I think that shows my versatility.  It’s the actually doing it that’s the pain and really I have way more important things to be getting on with. 

Worse still it’s her birthday today.  I won’t say what age she is cos ladies don’t like you to know that but suffice to say if she lives as long again she’ll be 90.  Anyhow we’re having a party tonight and she won’t be back until 5pm which of course leaves me with a pile of chores to do.  How unfair is that?

Even worse still I have a hangover as I can’t sleep on my own so I had to get drunk last night to have any chance of a kip.  Didn’t even work as I had to get up 4 times to go to the loo.

Even worse still it’s the first sunny day in a month and while I should be out on the trike posing about the place I’m stuck here ironing, cleaning, shopping and doing decorations.  To top it all I went down last night to the garage to get the after-hours flowers cos there half price and there all sold out.  Now I’ll have to get a real present. 

This weekend is going from bad to worse......................

No comments:

Post a Comment