Saturday 7 April 2012

Al's Birthday


8 November 2011

Busy busy day at work yesterday which left me no time for my FBing.  Happening a bit too often these days and I don’t recall anything in my contract that said I would actually have to do something.  Employers are so me me me these days and forget we live in a very social world and it’s important for the well-being of the workforce to keep up with what is happening to their mates.

Anyway I never got to report on Al’s party on Saturday night.  She returned home on Sat afternoon reasonably unscarred from 2 days with party animal Gemma.  I had spent many hours doing the decorations which were a number of balloons and a birthday banner and when she entered the house I could tell even through the blank look on her face that she was impressed.  Now a banner and balloons may not sound like much but as I always like to say “It’s not what you’ve got it’s what you do with it” and the banner was beautifully hung and the balloons were all blown up by me personally, pretty good eh??

Anyhow the guests drifted in from about 7 onwards and Tracey, Julie and Pauline brought along some delicious grub which was eagerly devoured later on.  I think they were a little disappointed that most people were so over awed with the decorations that the food took second place but they made a good effort and God loves a trier.

Being a cosmopolitan couple our guests covered a wide range of occupations.  We had 2 from the building trade, a spark, a scientist, an accountant, a mobile phone salesman (who fixed my phone, cheers Kevin), 2 PA’s, a civil servant, a nurse, a Pile Driver (who likes to take his work home with him but that’s another story) a teacher (who is somewhat overzealous in sending folk to the naughty chair), a ‘mature’ student (who has, believe it or not, a computer embedded in her ass) and of course myself a Concierge (a job with a French name which obviously topped the lot).

We were also careful to obey recent legislation and ensured the party was cross denominational for now with every gathering of more than 6 people at least 25% must come from the other community.  They were of course very welcome in our home and I think they enjoyed themselves although it was difficult to keep their food warm when we passed it out the window to them.

The night progressed with fun and frolics and although I had already out done myself with the decor there was more to come with a deeply meaningful and romantic poem I had penned for the lovely Al.  It can’t be repeated on here due to the fact I could only think of one word to rhyme with ‘Luck’ but suffice to say there were tears in the eyes of some of the ladies and I could see a few guys wondering how they would ever top that for their loved ones.  To cap it all I then presented her with a beautiful bracelet hand crafted by albino midgets from the jungles of the Amazon using only their feet, a rare and rather expensive gift if I do say so myself.  Again the ladies looked on in envy and the guys just looked defeated.

Once the ceremonies where done we proceeded to do what all intellectual up market folk do on a social get together and got legless.  We were mindful at all times of Andrea, who is heavily pregnant and kept hot water and towels on standby although none of us knew what to do with them.  Keith became obsessed with getting Lynn’s ’ass’ computer to work using the Sky remote and we had some deep and meaningful discussions including discovering that all the ladies had at one point faked an orgasm (hard to believe) but so had 60% of the men.  It’s amazing what you find out at parties.

Anyhow it was a good night and I’m sorry if I’ve left you guys with a difficult task to match up to with my decorating, poetic and unique gift buying skills.  Give it your best shot guys they’ll at least appreciate the effort.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment